Shop on Amazon.com and ship to Spain
Shopping on Amazon.com from Spain
According to Borderlinx records, Amazon.com is one of Spain's favorite overseas retailer, and for good reason. You can get almost anything on Amazon.com and ship it to Spain through Borderlinx. You can buy from the USA on Amazon.com: dvds, books, the kindle, toys, headphones or clothing, jewelry and kitchenware. And with Borderlinx you can ship it to Spain.
You’re most likely looking to shop from Amazon.com for items that are not available locally in Spain or that are available at a high price. And shipping from the USA can be expensive, specially if you don’t know what the import tax & duties will be; and Amazon.com might just not deliver to Spain.
Thankfully, you can purchase from Amazon.com USA using a virtual USA address from Borderlinx, calculate the tax & duties upfront with the Borderlinx Shipping Cost Calculator and save a lot on shipping using the Borderlinx consolidation & repacking services.
Virtual USA shipping address to ship to Spain
Nothing’s simpler! For merchants that don’t ship directly to Spain, you just need to use your virtual USA shipping address so that you can have the items delivery forwarded to your place in Spain. For that, just register for free on Borderlinx.
The Borderlinx Delivery Forwarding service allows you to shop in peace.
How you get your virtual USA address to shop in the US and ship to Spain in 5 simple steps :
- 1 The USA address will be sent to you via email after you have signed up with Borderlinx. The registration is free and you’ll get your USA and UK addresses immediately.
- 2 This USA address will be used in the intermediary shipping from Amazon.com to your suite ID in the Borderlinx warehouse. And from this address, Borderlinx will ship to Spain. Borderlinx is a great Freight Forwarder service not only because it allows you to save on shipping cost with its consolidation and repacking services, but also because of its Express DHL shipping service and its 24/7 Customer support.
- 3 Start shopping! When ordering on Amazon.com, use your USA address as the Shipping Address. For your Billing Address, use the address of your credit card, which is most likely an address in Spain.
- 4 When the seller on Amazon.com has sent your order to your virtual USA address, Borderlinx will inform you when it receives it at its USA warehouse. Once your purchase has arrived at your US virtual address, sign into your Borderlinx account and you’ll see the shipping, tax and duties cost of shipping to your address in Spain.
- 5 If everything is fine, go ahead and process your shipment release: choose if you want to opt for a shipment value protection, select the desired shipping service and pay Borderlinx for the shipping, tax and duties cost. Your parcel will then be delivered to your real address in Spain by DHL.
Paying on Amazon.com from Spain
Amazon.com accepts a large range of payment methods (see here) but it’s possible that your card is refused because of its billing address being outside of the USA or your card is not supported to buy in the USA. If you have issues paying on Amazon.com to ship to Spain, you can then use our personal Concierge service which will make the purchase and the payment on your behalf with a local USA payment method.
You can also read our step-by-step on how to use your Borderlinx US address to shop in the USA and ship to Spain, on our FAQ page.
Cheaper shipping rates to shop and ship to Spain
Overseas shipping rates are based on volumetric weight. The more space the parcel will take in a plane and the more expensive the shipping rate will be. Amazon.com is known for using big boxes for small items and for shipping multiple items in several boxes. Other merchants might also not optimize their packaging. This could leave you with a big international shipping cost.
With Borderlinx, you have a few ways you can save big time on international shipping rates to Spain:
- you can consolidate your parcels and ship them all at once. This way, you only pay once the first 0.5 kg, which is the most expensive tranch in any shipping rate.
- and you can store your orders at the USA warehouse for free duting 30 days to maximize your consolidation advantage.
- you can enjoy free repacking to save on volumetric weight (even though we won’t actually put all your parcels in 1 box) and decrease your shipping cost.